Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Country: UK Onedin's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterslybutts View Post
    Howdy, again, TheUKarchivist!
    I'd love to get a 'better than YouTube copy of your 'Jackie the Unicorn' episode.\
    Hello there, Glenn.......would this Dutch utubie do for now?

Jackie = Japie
    De = the
    Eenhoorn = Unicorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Le_NlZii3E

Incidentally, 'Deel 1' means 'Part 1' in Dutch. You'll know what to do.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Onedin View Post
    Hello there, Glenn.......would this Dutch utubie do for now?
    Your very kind Onedin. It is amusing for me to watch the original Dutch editions, which I believe may well be available on DVD? Actually, the main soundtrack (music & effects) does sound the same, but for the full effect, I really NEEEEEED the English vocal dubbing! The UKArchivist has done us Englanders a fantastic service by putting up his 16mm print, but sadly, it has been considerably compressed, perhaps by Youtube. Maybe I should get off my backside & try and figure out how to lay the English audio over a decent 'Jackie the Unicorn' of Dutch origin...now there's a thought!
    At 45, I too grew up watching this show when I was very young and would like to find as many UK dubbs as possible, but they may well be lost forever. Just one UK episode in very good quality would go a long way to stave off my craving...in the meantime....I'm waiting for another fix!! Happy hunting! Luv to all.

Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterslybutts View Post
    Maybe I should get off my backside & try and figure out how to lay the English audio over a decent 'Jackie the Unicorn' of Dutch origin...now there's a thought!
    Or you could always learn Dutch! Incidentally one of the top 3 most difficult languages in the world after Japanese and Mandarin, but who gives a toss........

I never knew this was so popular abroad! But then again I still view all this through the eyes of the little toddler I was. Awww.............

Any questions, Glenn, just give us a shout and I'll try and help you out.

Nathalie

Liked
    57 times
    It's great fun digging up these old clips..........can you tell?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12