Thread: Clockwork Mice

Liked
    0 times
    I'm lookng for the name of a film. It was a good while ago that I seen it so please bare with my on my somewhat vague description...

It focuses on a man who moves to teach at a school for unruley children in a small village or coastal town. He is a keen runner and falls for a women who also teaches there. One of the children - the most troubled of them all who is also the oldest - shares his passion for running. There is a train in the film which is significant to the plot but that's all I can say. It was probably a 90's film...

Anybody help?

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    The Blue Peter?

From IMDb ...

"The title is derived from the flag of England's Outward Bound Sea School at Aberdovey, Wales: Mike Merriworth, a Merchant Navy hero of the Korean War returns to England after three years of captivity in Communist hands, his mind confused by brain-washing and indoctrination at the hands of his captors, and accepts a post as an instructor at the Outward Bound Sea School. He is placed in charge of "Nelson Watch," which consists of twelve boys from all walks of British life, including the usual juvenile delinquent, a dictatorial bully and a kid afraid of heights. He is a harsh commander and fails to appreciate some of their problems in light of what he has been through."

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Clockwork Mice?

Clockwork Mice (1995)

Set in a school for emotionally disturbed children, CLOCKWORK MICE is a tender drama reflecting the effect one teacher can have on a child. When new teacher Steve (Ian Hart) challenges the rebellious Conrad (Rhuaidhri Conroy) in a race it sparks off a chain of events that will change both their lives

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Clockwork Mice would have been my other guess, but I couldn't remember the title!

Liked
    6 times
    Clockwork Mice has the train to furnish an important final scene, and if the original poster also remembers a windmill, then that's it. But I couldn't remember the title either and it took me a while to remember Ian Hart's name too.

Liked
    1 times
    Clockwork Mice fits exactly with the details in the original query. Must be it!

Liked
    0 times
    I have this film, conrad is the name of the troubled child in question. He tries to run and jump ahead of the train at the end of the movie.

It was a very good film.

Liked
    0 times
    I actually had a part in Clockwork mice and sounds like its just what your talking about.

We were a school of special needs kids (well more hyper, hard to control)

It was set in the country side along canals (think that's where your getting the coast feeling for it)