Thread: The Firechasers

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Okey-doke, I've only got two queries this time, harvested as always from other forums (I am not the original poster for these):

1) "An English film set in the swinging 60s. An investigator is following the trail of an arsonist who uses a timer, a hotplate, and hair mousse to start fires. At the end the arsonist falls on his own device as it explodes in the basement of a department store."

2) "I am looking for a movie that I saw in the early eighties. I am not sure the year the film was made. It is a black and white British film. I remember the movie took place in either a big house or mansion. One character was a butler, who when he hears a bell, becomes possessed. I believe that there was some kind of mind control experiments going on, and this butler whould kill after hearing the bell. The film was not like a regular movie, it was filmed in video tape, I think."

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    #1 is probably The Firechasers with Chad Everett, but there was also an Edgar Wallace film with Alfred Burke which had a similar plot called Backfire.

Liked
    151 times
    name='Purukivel']One character was a butler, who when he hears a bell, becomes possessed. I believe that there was some kind of mind control experiments going on, and this butler whould kill after hearing the bell. The film was not like a regular movie, it was filmed in video tape, I think."

A bit like 'A Killer in Every Corner' from Thriller. Don Henderson was the butler.

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I suspect that both Batman and DB7 are correct. At the very least, I finally tracked down a little snippet about The Firechasers which confirms the original poster's recollections about a department store: "The fires themselves are well-staged, especially the climactic blaze in a large department store when the heroine is trapped in a lift between floors. "