Thread: Aberdeen

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Aberdeen

A daughter is asked to travel to Norway and return with her alcoholic father so that her mother can, after years of seperation, marry him. It isn't an easy journey back to Aberdeen and the hospital where her mother lies dying of cancer. Lena Heady plays the daughter, Stellan Skarsgard is her alcoholic father, and Ian Hart plays a lorry driver who helps them along the way.

This film really does wrench the heart, but I saw this on you tube, which was a first for me, and I could not stop till I got to the final part. The acting is outstanding, you simply can't stop watching them.

Freddy

Liked
    151 times
    Lena Headey is very good and has nearly as many inner-demons as her father. IIRC don't they go to London? Meeting truck driver Ian Hart en-route?

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DB7
    Lena Headey is very good and has nearly as many inner-demons as her father. IIRC don't they go to London? Meeting truck driver Ian Hart en-route?
    LH is a London based professional, she flies to Norway where she hires a car, picks her father up but they are unable to fly back so they take the ferry to Harwich and travel to Aberdeen stopping off at London on the way.

As you say she has her inner demons but she expells them in other ways.

Freddy