Liked
    0 times
    Good day I am a brit living in Australia having lived here since 1982. Before leaving i can recall watching a tv series about a trawler that went missing in very strange circumstances. I am pretty sure the series was based on the missing trawler Gaul and i think it was made by an itv channel and not the bbc but i am not sure about that. There was also a book with the same story line as the t v series but weather the two are connected i cannot say. If there is any one out there that can remember the name of the book or the series i would be most greatfull to know as i have been searching for the title for a long while. Thank you for any assistance.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The book is called "The Loss Of The Motor Trawler Gaul" by John Nicklin.

Still a popular book.

Had a look on the web and there was a TV programme called "The Mystery Of The Gaul" but that was broadcast in 1997

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    name='LCR']Good day I am a brit living in Australia having lived here since 1982. Before leaving i can recall watching a tv series about a trawler that went missing in very strange circumstances. I am pretty sure the series was based on the missing trawler Gaul and i think it was made by an itv channel and not the bbc but i am not sure about that. There was also a book with the same story line as the t v series but weather the two are connected i cannot say. If there is any one out there that can remember the name of the book or the series i would be most greatfull to know as i have been searching for the title for a long while. Thank you for any assistance.

The novel and TV series were both called Spyship, the series was based on the book. Had the always excellent Tom Wilkinson in. Link here: "Spyship" (1983)

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Tony Pendrey but 716jones is right on the money,spyship was the name of the book/tv series.