Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Has anyone here bought DVDs from a company called Timeless Media Group. They sell a large range of old US TV titles including some quite famous ones. Their DVDs are available from their own site and Amazon. There's a couple of titles whih really interest me, but I have never heard of the company before and would appreciate any comments from anyone who has bought from them. Thanks.

Liked
    0 times
    I've bought several TMG sets over the last couple of years, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any TMG releases of titles I want in my collection.

Their aim is to gather together the best copies of episodes they can find. This inevitably means that some episodes are blurry, and none of them are perfect. But they are certainly acceptable.

Their release of "Riverboat" suffered from digital artifacts across the discs, and some people had problems playing Disc Two. The recent release of "Laramie" also had problems, but TMG sorted the matter and sent fresh discs to people who complained. The set is now OK.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Dave B']I've bought several TMG sets over the last couple of years, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy any TMG releases of titles I want in my collection.

Their aim is to gather together the best copies of episodes they can find. This inevitably means that some episodes are blurry, and none of them are perfect. But they are certainly acceptable.

Their release of "Riverboat" suffered from digital artifacts across the discs, and some people had problems playing Disc Two. The recent release of "Laramie" also had problems, but TMG sorted the matter and sent fresh discs to people who complained. The set is now OK.

Thanks Dave B, I appreciate that. Looks like yet more of my cash will ending up in a DVD sellers pocket.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I was tempted to buy The Third Man tv series but read the review on Amazon that says the TMG logo is present throughout each episode...yikes!

Liked
    255 times
    You get that will Alpha and Delta releases as well .... irritating but I can put up with that if it's something I really want.

Liked
    0 times
    The on-screen logo does not appear on all TMG products. "The Third Man" was a 2006 release - I've got it, and remember being slightly irritated by the logo.

Later releases seem less affected.

I've just watched a few "M Squad" episodes, and the TMG logo makes no appearance.

If I remember correctly, on "Laramie", the logo appears briefly while the episode title is displayed.

Liked
    255 times
    Thanks Dave B. I have ordered one DVD so I will let you know if the logo appears on that one.