Thread: Kazan/Losey

Liked
    144 times
    Kazan � Losey / Edition d�finitive / Entretiens avec Michel Ciment

Interviews of those two ( Kazan in 1972, Losey in 1979-83 ) wellcomly reedited ...

And as good things don't come alone, the audio conversation with Jo Losey will be this summer diffused on France Culture ...I surely will record that !!

mOOn.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfleet
    Kazan � Losey / Edition d�finitive / Entretiens avec Michel Ciment

Interviews of those two ( Kazan in 1972, Losey in 1979-83 ) wellcomly reedited ...

And as good things don't come alone, the audio conversation with Jo Losey will be this summer diffused on France Culture ...I surely will record that !!

mOOn.
    Hello, Moonfleet:

I am interested in the Joe Losey audio conversation this summer. Is "France Culture" a radio or television channel? do you have a date, please?

Merci,

Barbara

Liked
    144 times
    Hello theufoc

France Culture is a radio station (part of public Radio France)

If you want to know the FM position, go to site franceculture.com, on the left of the screen you'll see a "column" of junction informations, clic on fr�quences (under Webradios)

Then you are on Les Fr�quences de France Culture, enter the name of your town, or village in the little space and clic on lancer la recherche....If you are in the middle of nowhere, enter the name of the nearest town, of course ( I think it can also be catch on medium & mega waves )

PS: Are you in Provence ?? ....Are you Peter Mayle (ha, ha) ??

mOOn.

Liked
    399 times
    Hello theufoc

France Culture is a radio station (part of public Radio France)

If you want to know the FM position, go to site franceculture.com, on the left of the screen you'll see a "column" of junction informations, clic on fr�quences (under Webradios)

Then you are on Les Fr�quences de France Culture, enter the name of your town, or village in the little space and clic on lancer la recherche....If you are in the middle of nowhere, enter the name of the nearest town, of course ( I think it can also be catch on medium & mega waves )

PS: Are you in Provence ?? ....Are you Peter Mayle (ha, ha) ??

mOOn.
    Dear Moon,

Merci! for the directions to reach Radio France. Please let us know when the programme featuring Joseph Losey will be broadcast?

Also thank you for the reference to Kazan-Losey by Michel Ciment. Through you, I was able to then find the new book on Amazon.fr.

Kazan, Losey : Edition d�finitive: Amazon.fr: Michel Ciment: Livres

I am hoping Kazan-Losey will also be published in English or at least Losey's section of conversations with Ciment in his original English vs. a translation.

Your notice is much appreciated!

All the best,

Barbara

Liked
    144 times
    I think the book exists in English version too...

Conversations avec Losey will be difused on France Culture from July 27th to August 28th 2009.

Each week, from Monday to Friday, 1.30 to 2.00 pm.

MN.

Liked
    399 times
    I think the book exists in English version too...

Conversations avec Losey will be difused on France Culture from July 27th to August 28th 2009.

Each week, from Monday to Friday, 1.30 to 2.00 pm.

MN.
    Merveilleux! merci beaucoup.

Barbara

Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theuofc
    Merveilleux! merci beaucoup.

Barbara
    De rien.

M.

Liked
    144 times
    About Losey / Ciment on radio:

You can hear Michel Ciment, you can hear the translator, but the voice of Joseph Losey is inaudible !! No more reason to record now, adding that the int�grale interview is in the book. Even though, I'm listening at it now, Losey speaks about his youth in La Crosse/ U.S....he was regissor in a theatre, and met then C.Laughton ....I think I'll read the book.

Moon.

Liked
    399 times
    About Losey / Ciment on radio:

You can hear Michel Ciment, you can hear the translator, but the voice of Joseph Losey is inaudible !! No more reason to record now, adding that the int�grale interview is in the book. Even though, I'm listening at it now, Losey speaks about his youth in La Crosse/ U.S....he was regissor in a theatre, and met then C.Laughton ....I think I'll read the book.

Moon.
    What a shame! Do you think it is your reception, Moon, or the recording itself that renders Losey's voice inaudible? Either reason, a shame you can't hear him. I was looking forward to it since your alert in May.

Barbara

Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theuofc
    What a shame! Do you think it is your reception, Moon, or the recording itself that renders Losey's voice inaudible? Either reason, a shame you can't hear him. I was looking forward to it since your alert in May.

Barbara
    My radio reception is good, Michel Ciment informed before the first 1/2 h. diffusion, that the quality " de l'entretien"was not good, it was recorded 30years ago on a "simple" tape recorder. But HE DIDN'T PRECISE that the voice of Losey seems to be 4 rooms away !! And what interested me mainly in those, was of course to HEAR Jo Losey !!

Moon & Cat.

Liked
    399 times
    My radio reception is good, Michel Ciment informed before the first 1/2 h. diffusion, that the quality " de l'entretien"was not good, it was recorded 30years ago on a "simple" tape recorder. But HE DIDN'T PRECISE that the voice of Losey seems to be 4 rooms away !! And what interested me mainly in those, was of course to HEAR Jo Losey !!

Moon & Cat.
    Oh, too bad! Yes, Losey would have been the main attraction.

Thanks for clarifying this, Moon.

Barbara