Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Trip

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    Not a bad time filler,but I can't understand why the tour operator was concerned about a young lad and lass having a bit of hanky panky on holiday.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    2 times
    I agree with you, lads and lasses are always up for a bit of hanky panky - and not only the young ones!!! Can't stand the guy who has been there, done that and got the t-shirt. But this has proved to me that coach trips are not my cup of tea.

Liked
    69 times
    I did a couple in the 80's,one to Austria and another to the former Yugoslavia. Tiring,but it was the cheaper alternative at the time to flying.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    2 times
    name='Marky B']I did a couple in the 80's,one to Austria and another to the former Yugoslavia. Tiring,but it was the cheaper alternative at the time to flying.

Ta Ta

Marky B

I have actually done coach day trips - once from Amsterdam to look at dykes (the wall kind!) visiting Edam to see the cheese etc but the problem was that the views were so flat I kept falling asleep. I love travelling and the actual coach is not the problem, I just would not want to be saddled with people I did not get on with for a length of time. For the same reason cruises do not appeal to me at all. I saw a Saga coach trip in Spain that was touring the paradores and that definitely would appeal to me.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Has anyone seen coach trip before? It where Brits journey through Europe and have to vote off each other at the end of the programme. Whoever is left carry on another day around Europe.

What do you think of it?

xx

Senior Member Country: England mallee59's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    crap....next question?

Liked
    416 times

xx

Liked
    8 times
    think I stumbled on it a little while ago and its another little ploy to get a few folks to gang up on others which is supposed to make interesting TV. The newcomers usually don't get chace to gel with the group and the ones already there stick together so they get a longer holiday, surprise surprise....or is that a different prog.....

Liked
    67 times
    name='faginsgirl']Has anyone seen coach trip before? It where Brits journey through Europe and have to vote off each other at the end of the programme. Whoever is left carry on another day around Europe.

What do you think of it?

xx

I find it facinating, but always feel uncomfortable when they are lined up to vote someone off. Interesting to watch, but I would hate to be in that situation, and I would not like to be cooped up on a coach with some of those characters.

Liked
    8 times
    If I had a vote I would choose the driver....that would bugger things up.....

Liked
    416 times
    Mallee`s on top form tonight

xx

Liked
    8 times
    just a thought, but could we suggest a slight change in the prog. Drive the coach around sharp mountain roads in Italy, leave it hanging over the edge of the cliff balanced and liable to tip, then try all the wrong solutions to the Italian Job?

go on...you know you want to......

Liked
    416 times
    They got stuck on a mountain in tonights episode . But that was on a road!

xx

Liked
    69 times
    http://filmdope.com/forums/br...oach-trip.html

I don't mind it. I feel a bit sorry for the young girl and her mother,who seem a bit paranoid that people are ganging up against them. They clearly joined up to make friends.

I was quite surprised of an episode last week when they went up to the Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden. Not so much surprised that they went up to it,but surprised it still existed. I honestly thought the Americans destroyed it to stop being a shrine for neo-Nazis and BNP supporters.

Worth watching for the stunning scenery,especially in Austria.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    416 times
    name='Marky B']http://filmdope.com/forums/br...oach-trip.htmlI was quite surprised of an episode last week when they went up to the Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden. Not so much surprised that they went up to it,but surprised it still existed. I honestly thought the Americans destroyed it to stop being a shrine for neo-Nazis and BNP supporters.

I was astonished that this was still standing never mind a tourist attraction

I didn`t like the idea of the souvenior shop, how odd!

It`s not a place I would want to visit imagining where the money came from to build it, or to keep his lifestyle there!

xx

Liked
    2 times
    name='Marky B']http://filmdope.com/forums/br...oach-trip.html

I don't mind it. I feel a bit sorry for the young girl and her mother,who seem a bit paranoid that people are ganging up against them. They clearly joined up to make friends.

I was quite surprised of an episode last week when they went up to the Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden. Not so much surprised that they went up to it,but surprised it still existed. I honestly thought the Americans destroyed it to stop being a shrine for neo-Nazis and BNP supporters.

Worth watching for the stunning scenery,especially in Austria.

Ta Ta

Marky B

I visited the Eagles Nest in 1954 and it was destroyed then!! The lift existed but was not the lovely lift the coach lot went up in. And the buildings on top did not exist. Just rubble.

Liked
    2 times
    I think Coach Trip is really terrible. The middle aged man who was so proud of Mum who at 73 had flown over from the UK!! A real Mummy's boy. The people in the programme are so dull but I took my hat off to the young ladies who braved the catamaran on Lake Garda even though they had to act stupidly about wearing a wet suit and worry about the water smudging their mascara. They must live very narrow lives. I would have wanted to be voted off immediately.

Liked
    69 times
    name='supamum']I visited the Eagles Nest in 1954 and it was destroyed then!! The lift existed but was not the lovely lift the coach lot went up in. And the buildings on top did not exist. Just rubble.

I thought I saw on a documentary it had been destroyed by the AMericans. So it looks like it has been rebuilt - very macabre.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    1 times
    We've got enough problems with our own Nazis without worrying about the original ones.

Liked
    151 times
    Big Brother on a bus. We've had singing/skating/in the jungle/in a pub/in the kitchen/apprentice, is there no end to this tedious reality elimination format?

If only Gordon Brown would join in the trend....

Someone did once suggest Britmovie Big Brother. That'd be a larf (for those not participating).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast