Member Country: England ILoveThe70s's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Around 1980 I watched a TV programme which had the following story line: Various seemingly supernatural (maybe horrific) events occur in a house which is occupied by a couple and their young daughter. Eventually, the family can take no more of it and flee the house and go to live somewhere warm and sunny (probably somewhere abroad). Then one day, the daughter (who is a bit older now) hears her parents laughing and joking about the 'supernatural' events. She then realises that the whole story had been invented by her parents as a means of gaining publicity and making money. However, the girl has been deeply traumatised by the events as she believed them to be for real.

Not sure how the story ended. In some ways the show had a 'Tales of the Unexpected' feel to it, but I think it was longer than 30 minutes as per 'Tales'. The only other thing I recall, is that two curved style swords (displayed on the wall) featured in the storyline. Hope someone out there can remember the title. Thanks for your help.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    name='ILoveThe70s']Around 1980 I watched a TV programme which had the following story line: Various seemingly supernatural (maybe horrific) events occur in a house which is occupied by a couple and their young daughter. Eventually, the family can take no more of it and flee the house and go to live somewhere warm and sunny (probably somewhere abroad). Then one day, the daughter (who is a bit older now) hears her parents laughing and joking about the 'supernatural' events. She then realises that the whole story had been invented by her parents as a means of gaining publicity and making money. However, the girl has been deeply traumatised by the events as she believed them to be for real.

Not sure how the story ended. In some ways the show had a 'Tales of the Unexpected' feel to it, but I think it was longer than 30 minutes as per 'Tales'. The only other thing I recall, is that two curved style swords (displayed on the wall) featured in the storyline. Hope someone out there can remember the title. Thanks for your help.

the house that dripped blood from hammer house of horror (1980)

Liked
    80 times
    name='jaycad']the house that dripped blood from hammer house of horror (1980)

Think it was called The House that Bled to Death.

"Hammer House of Horror" The House That Bled to Death (1980)

E.

Liked
    100 times
    name='Euryale']Think it was called The House that Bled to Death.

"Hammer House of Horror" The House That Bled to Death (1980)

E.

of course it is!!- 'the house that dripped blood' is a film isn't it? i can't believe i mucked up the title as i was only watching it a couple of days ago-i must be getting old!

anyway,it's definitely the programme as it' scared the bejesus out of me as a kid and made me afraid of birthday parties!! in fact,it's only recently that i plucked up the courage to watch both this episode and 'growing pains'!

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    That episode is usually on every 2 weeks on itv4.

Liked
    100 times
    name='dadsarmy']That episode is usually on every 2 weeks on itv4.

so i've noticed!! it's a pity they can't find the time to repeat 'hammer house of mystery and suspense' as a break from 'hammer house of horror'!

Member Country: England ILoveThe70s's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the help and so quickly! I hadn't realised this was from Hammer House of Horror. Presumably some other shows from the series are worth watching also. (I will mark this thread as 'answered', when that is I can work out how to do it!).

Liked
    100 times
    name='ILoveThe70s']Thanks for all the help and so quickly! I hadn't realised this was from Hammer House of Horror. Presumably some other shows from the series are worth watching also. (I will mark this thread as 'answered', when that is I can work out how to do it!).

yes-there's some good episodes (the odd duffer also),i'm actually watching one of the better episodes now!

Hammer House of Horror on TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, & Show Info

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    After viewing this thread,i got looking on torrent sites and now have the whole lot,sadly no luck with hammer house of mystery and suspense tho.

Liked
    100 times
    name='dadsarmy']After viewing this thread,i got looking on torrent sites and now have the whole lot,sadly no luck with hammer house of mystery and suspense tho.

i wonder why? if you do manage to find 'em please let me know where-thanks!

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    It's "The House that Bled to Death." Just like the Snedecker story minus the ending.

Were they ever prosecuted?

It's not bad, though. The poor cat! And that doll was sooo creepy looking!

http://stagevu.com/video/oenmxgqtrwiv