Liked
    0 times
    Me and my sister remember watching a 2 part TV programme in the 1970 s which we thought was called the Attic but which no one else seems to remember. A young girl gets up during the night and wanders into the attic where there is a dolls house in which small people come to life and she witnesses a murder in the dolls house.

I think later she is grown up but gets flashbacks (in a swing park ? and a shop window? something to do with a man dressed in green?) I know it's all pretty vague but I was pretty young at the time so tehse are just my impressions.

Any ideas anyone?

Liked
    0 times
    There was the creepy episode as part of a three part series in the 1970's called

Trilogy of Terror which involved a killer Zuni doll? If I remember rightly there is a scene in an attic and a wardrobe?

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Thanks, don't thonk it was that though. The girl was watching scenes being played out I think in the dolls house and saw a murder. I think there was th body of an old man that fell out a cupboard at the end of the first episode.

Liked
    0 times
    Could this be what you are looking for:

Are You Afraid Of The Dark? episode: The Tale of the Doll Maker.

The Tale of the Doll Maker A young girl goes to the countryside to spend a summer with her best friend but she discovers that her friend is missing. She soon discovers that a mysterious doll house in the attic is responsible for her friend's disappearance (Inside the attic there is also a strange door that leads to the inside world of the dollhouse. Inside she finds her friend who has become stiff and porcelain doll-like).

Liked
    0 times
    That sounded promising- only trouble it was made in 1994, the show I rememeber was much older (mid to late 70s). Thanks anyway, that sounds good, as does Trilogy of Terror!

Liked
    80 times
    An episode of the ITV childrens' supernatural series Shadows featured a dolls house. This was Time out of Mind, broadcast in 1976, which is nearer to the era you mentioned but I don't know whether it was aired in two parts.

Can't find out much about it, but there is a brief synopsis here:

BFI | Film & TV Database | TIME OUT OF MIND (1976)

And a still from the opening credits of the episode is here:

TV ARK | Children's TV | ITV Programmes S-Z

E.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that. Not much info about on this one, not sure if it's the one. Do you remember anything else about it at all?

Liked
    0 times
    Sorry, completely missed the fact you had kindly posted 2 links. I am now thinking this might be it but frustratingly would need to see more!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this episode of Shadows and its not the one you are thinking of, there is no murder, basically the storyline is about a girl who visits a museum with her family and as they all look at a dolls house and the figures within she is transported there where she becomes a Victorian maid to an upper class family, she can see her family and herself looking at her through the window but they can't see her, I can't remember what happened in the house but it ends with her rejoining her family in the museum.

Liked
    80 times
    name='doogster']Thanks for that. Not much info about on this one, not sure if it's the one. Do you remember anything else about it at all?

Sorry, don't recall seeing this myself, but Clubster does, so it looks like it may not be the one after all!

I think I have seen the Shadows series available for sale somewhere if anyone wishes to see it.

E.

Member Country: England ILoveThe70s's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='doogster']Me and my sister remember watching a 2 part TV programme in the 1970 s which we thought was called the Attic but which no one else seems to remember. A young girl gets up during the night and wanders into the attic where there is a dolls house in which small people come to life and she witnesses a murder in the dolls house.

I think later she is grown up but gets flashbacks (in a swing park ? and a shop window? something to do with a man dressed in green?) I know it's all pretty vague but I was pretty young at the time so tehse are just my impressions.

Any ideas anyone?

This is definitely an episode from the 1970s 'Thriller' series. This episode is called Sleepwalker. I watched it on Saturday night; I'm currently working my way through all 44 shows included in the Thriller box-set (16 discs). This series is terrific viewing and highly recommended to anybody who enjoys TV with a mystery, suspense and sometimes supernatural edge.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well done! It wasn't a two-parter but I'm convinced you're right. The man in green was a young Michael Kitchen. Extraordinary that doogster should remember that detail, along with everything else.

If either of you are interested, Rex Features has a few stills from this episode. If you go to the main page and type 'thriller sleepwalker' the images might bring back even more memories, as they've done for me.

Liked
    0 times
    Hey hey You know what ? I am sure this is it, thanks so much. I am really excited now. I honestly thought no one would get this. Don't know what else to say but thanks a million. This thing freaked out my sister and I. We have talked about it occasionally ever since. We had both thought it was called the Attic for some reason, clearly wrongly. Checked out the stills, am 99.99999 % that this is it.

Thanks again. This is a good forum, only recently joined.

Toodle pip.