Thread: Patricia Roc

Senior Member Country: UK Brief Encounter's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    The other Gainsborough ladies have a thread here... I wondered if there were many fans of lovely Pat?

Great tribute website here, with an extensive interview from the last few years of her life:

Patricia Roc - British Film Star - wickedlady.com and photos from those latter years...

It seems odd to me that unlike her contemporaries, Pat was virtually never on UK TV in later years. OK, Jean Kent et al weren't on TV every week, but they did do a few interviews and appearances in drama serials. The only appearance Pat made seems to be on Chili Bouchier's This is Your Life. Of course, it could have something to do with the fact she resided in Switzerland!

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    1 times
    Pat's last acting role was in Roger Moore's pilot Saint The Talented Husband in 1962, playing Derek Farrs wife, whom he intended to kill. Shirley Eaton shared the female lead. Pat was only 45. Another actress, who retired after The Saint, was 18-yr-old Mandy Miller, even though she was great in the episode The Well Meaning Mayor-1963

Jean Kent in the 50s was Queen Elizabeth in Charles Drake and in the 70s was care taker Manageress in Crossroads. My own fav Rosamund John retired to support her Labour MP husband in the late 50s

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    I like Patricia Roc but, like Anne Crawford, I don't think she was ever as good again as she was in Millions Like Us

Liked
    10 times
    Dulie Gray said a few years ago that PR 'couldn't act for toffee'. Maybe she didn't have a great range but she certainly had 'star quality' in abundance.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Dulie Gray said a few years ago that PR 'couldn't act for toffee'. Maybe she didn't have a great range but she certainly had 'star quality' in abundance.
    That's pretty funny coming from Dulcie Gray - watch The Franchise Affair and see if you can spot either she or Michael Denison changing their facial expressions at any point

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Pat was good in The Brothers.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Lovely actress!

Liked
    10 times
    I had a feeling you'd like that film, Bats!

Liked
    0 times

Liked
    0 times
    I'm so pleased my contributions are appreciated! Here is another view of the Ann Todd look-a-like!

Senior Member Country: Ireland seanflynn76's Avatar
    Liked
    11 times
    My earliest recollection of Ms Roc was in the film "Millions Like Us", she was definetley the most beautiful (well after Diana Dors) of all the british actress....On the Wicked Lady website there is a fantastic interview that took place a few years before Ms Roc passed away......It's such a pity that we don't celebrate the careers and talents of our elders.....The American Stars are always beening lauded with Lifetime Achievement Awards etc, whilst the old British Stars - if their lucky may get an extra couple of lines in "The Whos Who" if they appeared in a landmark film....

Liked
    10 times
    Too true, Sean. I believe Pat was very popular in her day, she even made a film in Hollywood.

Liked
    0 times

It's that bloody Ann Todd again!

Liked
    10 times
    What book is that? Thanks Joe.