Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    seemingly some of the nations newspapers are trying to whip up a storm about getting the burka banned .

i find a lot more other types of clothes more offensive than the burka .

top of the list is the shell suit nothing says " chav " more than one of those ,how about banning those ?

any others ?

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    i'd like to ban middle aged men wearing football shirts(especially with the name and number of their favourite player on the back)-it looks ridiculous!!

Liked
    2 times
    name='jaycad']i'd like to ban middle aged men wearing football shirts(especially with the name and number of their favourite player on the back)-it looks ridiculous!!

and if they take their shirt of to expose their spare tyres ,shoot to kill orders are given to the police

Liked
    100 times
    name='davidb']and if they take their shirt of to expose their spare tyres ,shoot to kill orders are given to the police

that's a lot of dead geordies you're talking there!

Liked
    2 times
    name='jaycad']that's a lot of dead geordies you're talking there!

if i have to kill my own kind in such circumstances so be it

Liked
    100 times
    name='davidb']if i have to kill my own kind in such circumstances so be it

ha ha!! what is it that makes a geordie remove his football attire in baltic conditions?

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='jaycad']ha ha!! what is it that makes a geordie remove his football attire in baltic conditions?

Alcohol?

Liked
    100 times
    name='narabdela']Alcohol?

it must be specifically 'newcky brown' ale then!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Does anyone know if Burkha covered women have an uncovered face in their Passports?..........What happens at a Passport control if the controller wants to see the face behind the mask?

Liked
    151 times
    There's a line in a Libertines song that goes:

"There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

So I'd ban all those Essex people wearing 'NY' baseball caps and I [heart] NY t-shirts.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Mark O']Does anyone know if Burkha covered women have an uncovered face in their Passports?..........What happens at a Passport control if the controller wants to see the face behind the mask?

They can wear a hijab but not a burka. IRIS is meant to automate the photo checking process but otherwise I don't know? Presumably a woman in a burka might ask for a female passport control officer if further checks were needed? Which wouldn't be too much hassle -only about 5% of Muslim women wear burkas and presumably they're most likely to be on flights to and from the Middle East.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    People wearing pyjamas in public, My worst sight was seeing a middle aged pyjama clad woman shopping in Liverpool city centre, my strangest was a woman who got out of a car to go into a newsagent wearing just a bathrobe.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='DB7']There's a line in a Libertines song that goes:

"There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

So I'd ban all those Essex people wearing 'NY' baseball caps and I [heart] NY t-shirts.

Really!!..........is it okay for Essex persons to wear baseball caps with LA on then?..........

http://filmdope.com/forums/of...ou-most-4.html

Liked
    151 times
    name='Mark O']Really!!..........is it okay for Essex persons to wear baseball caps with LA on then?..........

http://filmdope.com/forums/of...ou-most-4.html

It looks like a passing pigeon has taken a &*$� on your head!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont like the Burka I find it quite intimadating when I cant see a persons face

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='marker']I dont like the Burka I find it quite intimadating when I cant see a persons face
    You can't see my face, is that intimidating?

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    I agree with Marker. I'm in a rare event of agreeness of the French President as well. Women in this country didn't fight for equality in this country to have women go round with their faces hidden.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    100 times
    name='Freddy']People wearing pyjamas in public, My worst sight was seeing a middle aged pyjama clad woman shopping in Liverpool city centre, my strangest was a woman who got out of a car to go into a newsagent wearing just a bathrobe.

that might be the same middle aged woman i saw clad in pyjamas and slippers sat on a table in the notorious grafton club in central liverpool!! (it wasn't my idea to go there) or maybe another woman in pyjamas stood in the queue at the chippy in walton,liverpool or maybe one of the many girls walking around the streets of anfield in pyjamas after the match? i think it's a phenonenon!!

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Marky B']I agree with Marker. I'm in a rare event of agreeness of the French President as well. Women in this country didn't fight for equality in this country to have women go round with their faces hidden.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Surely women fought for the right not to be told by men how to behave. It's a little patronising to assume that all Muslim women wear a burka because they're oppressed (and in fact hardly any do wear one). I'd be very surprised if some intimidated forum members encounter scary Muslim women very often (there are less than 500 Muslims in the whole of Suffolk for example).

And in many ways they must be very convenient - who knows how many Muslims are still wearing their pyjamas under their burka?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='jaycad']that might be the same middle aged woman i saw clad in pyjamas and slippers sat on a table in the notorious grafton club in central liverpool!! (it wasn't my idea to go there) or maybe another woman in pyjamas stood in the queue at the chippy in walton,liverpool or maybe one of the many girls walking around the streets of anfield in pyjamas after the match? i think it's a phenonenon!!
    What's so unusual? Pyjamas are day wear, especially when it's hot. It's only some strange English people who started using them as night attire

Steve

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast