Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='julian_craster']

What a pity that Christ Church University College did not acquire this property !

With a generous grant from the MP estate, it would have been an ideal location for the 'Michael Powell Museum and Heritage Centre', as well as providing residential/teaching accommodation for the university.......

An opportunity missed......

I'll suggest it to Thelma (the MP estate) and to the people from the college

You never know, it might happen

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    When is the next Chilham walk planned for, Steve?

I was lined up for this one, but Mrs. J , blacked out on Friday, and injured her leg in the fall.

Liked
    418 times
    name='HUGHJAMPTON']When is the next Chilham walk planned for, Steve?

I was lined up for this one, but Mrs. J , blacked out on Friday, and injured her leg in the fall.

Well we do an A Canterbury Tale location walk on the last Sunday in August every year. We've been doing them for over 10 years now. It's on the last Sunday in August because that's the weekend when it was set, and we know that certain scenes were filmed then so we can be at the location on the day when they were filmed on the day when they were set.

We usually cover the three main areas, one each year. That's Chilham, Fordwich and Canterbury itself. We did Fordwich last year, Chilham this year so it'll probably be Canterbury next year.

But anyone's welcome to do the tour by themselves at any time of course. A copy of Paul Tritton's wonderful book, A Canterbury Tale - Memories of a Classic Wartime Movie will help because it lists all the locations in detail (complete with map references) and has a lot of stories about the making of the film and interviews with the people involved

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, Steve

Senior Member Country: England Santonix's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    name='Steve Crook']I'll suggest it to Thelma (the MP estate) and to the people from the college

You never know, it might happen

Steve

That's a great idea Steve. I really hope it happens.

Liked
    418 times
    Paul Tritton reports that those who attended the A Canterbury Tale location visit to Chilham in August 2009 contributed a total of �100.63 to the collection in aid of Kent Kids Miles of Smiles Holiday Respite Home. Thanks to everyone for their generosity - and to Helen Clark for carrying the collection box, which became heavier and heavier as the afternoon passed. This is a record amount for the collection on one of our walks. Our thanks to everyone who contributed

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='Steve Crook']Well we do an A Canterbury Tale location walk on the last Sunday in August every year. We've been doing them for over 10 years now. It's on the last Sunday in August because that's the weekend when it was set, and we know that certain scenes were filmed then so we can be at the location on the day when they were filmed on the day when they were set.

We usually cover the three main areas, one each year. That's Chilham, Fordwich and Canterbury itself. We did Fordwich last year, Chilham this year so it'll probably be Canterbury next year.

But anyone's welcome to do the tour by themselves at any time of course. A copy of Paul Tritton's wonderful book, A Canterbury Tale - Memories of a Classic Wartime Movie will help because it lists all the locations in detail (complete with map references) and has a lot of stories about the making of the film and interviews with the people involved

Steve

Hi Steve, I may be a little previous but any news of the forthcoming P & P walk which I presume (and hope!) will be on Sunday August 29th, Canterbury City itself?, I so enjoyed our walk which filled me with location and film information of ACT and meeting you in person last year I want to do it all again!

Liked
    418 times
    name='Mark O']Hi Steve, I may be a little previous but any news of the forthcoming P & P walk which I presume (and hope!) will be on Sunday August 29th, Canterbury City itself?, I so enjoyed our walk which filled me with location and film information of ACT and meeting you in person last year I want to do it all again!
    We will be doing the walk on the last Sunday in August once again this year. We haven't decided where we'll be doing this one yet, although in Canterbury itself is quite a high possibility as we haven't been there for a few years.

Check the PaPAS web site nearer the date to see where we'll be meeting

Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123