Liked
    0 times
    Hi all, New in town�.

Long story short I want to work in film acquisitions and was hoping someone can offer some advice on qualifications I could gain, and the experience I would need to procure.

I have a background in Buying/Trading and Sales for several years at major wholesale distributors and film companies. I also speak 2 additionally languages to English and hold a degree.

I know this information should really be in my tea room but its seems to be such a grey area to all I�ve asked!?

I�m not expecting to fly to Cannes and take the next Tarantino.

But there must be some small steps to getting there and someone in a similar position to help point me in the right direction.

I�m willing to take a step back to go forward and get back into education.

Many Thanks for reading & extra thanks for any info.

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    I have no clue whatsoever, but it may be worth you heading over to Guardian Filmtalk and ask "Lyra" who posts there. Her husband does this sort of thing so she may be able to give you some tips.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    12 times
    Sounds like you would be ideal for the BBC's film buying department...Have you thought about them?

Film Man

Liked
    0 times
    name='Wolfgang']I have no clue whatsoever, but it may be worth you heading over to Guardian Filmtalk and ask "Lyra" who posts there. Her husband does this sort of thing so she may be able to give you some tips.

Thank you!