Liked
    0 times
    My wife and I are avid Last of the Summer Wine buffs and although we are both limited in our mobility, we like to visit locations or if they are out of bounds we like to figure out where they are from the map or Google Earth. We live about 15 miles from Holmefirth and I used to travel in the area with my work.

However there is one particular location which has us stumped and there must be someone out there who knows where it is. It's the stone humped-back bridge with 3 arches that spans part of a fishing dam or perhaps a wide section of river. It first appeared in an episode around1996 and has made regular appearences ever since, usually with one of the gang falling in ! In the Christmas 1996 episode (Extra! Extra!) it appears to be newly cleaned and a bright yellow sandstone but in recent episodes it has weathered. It appears in long shots to lie in a plain near to a couple of cottages and surrounded by hills. In one long shot there appears to be a tower rising from the water but this may be edited from another place.

Any ideas please, It's driving me crazy

Liked
    0 times
    I've managed to answer my own question, after days of trawling around the internet and enquiries of everybody bar next door's cat ,I found the answer at summerwine.net

There is an extensive archive of locations and there was "my" bridge. It's at Meal Hill about half a mile SSE of Jackson Bridge. It appears to be a private estate around a big house called Meal Hill and looks very well cared for from the aerial photo.

Problem solved.

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Did anyone catch the homage to the Amazons of The last Of The Summer Wine with their synchronised tea-cup lifting acted out by the Amazons of Cranford when visiting the newly arrived dignitary as they performed the same act in unison?

Liked
    0 times
    My Aunt and Uncle owned the cottage in between Clegg and Howard's in Back Lane (No. 52?). You probably already know it. They owned it in the late 70's and early 80's around the time they started filming there regularly. With a clever bit of trick filming they would make out that Clegg and Howard lived next door to each other and the front of their cottages was a through path, when in fact I know it just led to the outhouses and coal bunkers - I have very happy memories of those tiny one bedroomed cottages with the loo outside!

Once we started getting into LOTSW, we would recognise many locations but Mum and Dad would never go into Ivy's Cafe, so one day in the late 90's I took my wife there and we had a "Luvly Cuppa"