Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ingrid Pitt

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    Ingrid Pitt is one of my favourite actresses. I've just invited Ingrid to join the forum and talk to us about her Film and TV appearances and about Film and TV in general.

I hope that Ingrid will join us, are you there Ingrid ?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    A fine actress but I suppose many of us will always associate her with her highly memorable performances in those early 70s horror films!

I THINK I'm right in saying she's a cricket fan and very knowledgeable about it.

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    She's also a big fan of planes and flying and she's one of the nicest people you could ever meet!

Hope she does pop in for the occasional post here...

Smudge

Liked
    0 times
    Yes a fabulous looker and I recall that scene in one Hammer when she stands up from a central bath! Can't think of the title and feel sure that the scene has been cut for TV anyway.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Yes a fabulous looker and I recall that scene in one Hammer when she stands up from a central bath! Can't think of the title and feel sure that the scene has been cut for TV anyway.
    Let me know when you do remember Tom............sounds very interesting...

Cheers

Sgt S

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    That was The Vampire Lovers (1970), in which she appeared full frontal. You're right, the scene is trimmed when shown on television, but it is complete on the DVD.

Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Liked
    154 times
    Apart from Ingrid's appearances in Hammer Horror films and many cult tv shows, such as Thriller and Jason King, I think she is very watchable in the classic film Where Eagles Dare.

Not sure if The Wicker Man was a Hammer film, but she was superb in that one as well. She had a scene in a bathtub in that film too.

Wellendcanons.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I suppose it was in the early eighties - Willie Rushton's quip on hearing the name "Ingrid Pitt" on whatever programme it was (New Faces? Some panel thing...) was to say "Whatever happened to him?" which was ironic because the TV Times was making a big thing that week about the fact that THAT VERY NIGHT she was doing a bit of a comeback in ... em "Thriller", was it? ... Oh dear, this story is weak enough without forgetting the names of both programmes ... now where are those memory pills... I'm sure I left them near the kettle ...

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    A fine actress but I suppose many of us will always associate her with her highly memorable performances in those early 70s horror films!

I THINK I'm right in saying she's a cricket fan and very knowledgeable about it.
    She has done Doctor Who; in fact she is one of the good elements of Jon Pertwees ‘The Time Monster’ story.

Liked
    0 times
    Let me know when you do remember Tom............sounds very interesting...

Cheers

Sgt S
    Have not seen it since the 1970s could have been Countess Dracula but definitely a bath seen with a great finish Felt sure someone would know the film

Liked
    0 times
    That was The Vampire Lovers (1970), in which she appeared full frontal. You're right, the scene is trimmed when shown on television, but it is complete on the DVD.
    Thanks Darren, I have only just noticed this reply - will seek out the DVD All our talk about 'Brits-Bot' but Ingrid was great yes

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Ms Pitt would be a welcome addition to our online club's membership.

Liked
    0 times
    She has done Doctor Who; in fact she is one of the good elements of Jon Pertwees ‘The Time Monster’ story.
    Agreed, but so was Pertwee's lovely companion Jo Grant (Katy Manning) in her Mini Skirt & Kinky Boots.

Mind you Ingrid Pitt also starred in the 1980's Peter Davison story 'Warriors Of The Deep' and not even she could save that one.

Senior Member Country: Australia Corinne's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    Wasn't she in Dr in the House as well?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    1 times
    She was very good in "The Time Monster," I agree. Loved her scenes with the late great Roger Delgado.

I've been watching some of those old Jon Pertwee stories thanks to the library recent and am amazed by how well they hold up.

Senior Member Country: England Santonix's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Miss Pitt also played a very convincing terrorist in the 1982 film "Who Dares Wins".

Liked
    0 times
    She was very good in "The Time Monster," I agree. Loved her scenes with the late great Roger Delgado.

I've been watching some of those old Jon Pertwee stories thanks to the library recent and am amazed by how well they hold up.
    Yes the Pertwee era was fantastic and that's pretty much where Dr Who earned it's national institution tag as the arrival of colour TV gave it a new lease of life.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    153 times
    I have been reading on the Classic Horror Film Board that she is very ill.

Ingrid Pitt - Hammer Horror - The Silver Age of Horror - Classic Horror Film Board - Message Board Yuku

I wish her well.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Oh no. This is extremely worrying news, Stephen. I've just gone through the messages which mention her decline and it seems obvious to everyone there that Ingrid has been ill for a long while. Personally, I have enough to cope with as my mother is also very unwell - one of the reasons I haven't felt up to posting at the Johnny Dankworth and Ian Carmichael obituary threads (only just managed it at Jean Simmons' to be honest). I don't know how much more I can take of all this cruelty. Poor Ingrid.

I did have concerns about her some years ago when she was interviewed by Gloria Hunniford. One of the posters at the place Stephen linked mentioned her breathing and I recall that she seemed to be 'hyperventilating' quite a lot when answering most of Gloria's questions. "Are you okay (to continue), Ingrid?", she asked at one point. If memory serves, the actress was recounting some terrible childhood experience caused by the Nazis. Sorry I can't be more specific. I thought it might have been a pre-recorded interview but the more I think about it was Live, on Gloria's Open House show, most likely.

We can only hope that she'll get better. Thinking of you, Ingrid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast