Liked
    137 times
    Too late for Christmas but the live recording of Mr Tennant playing Hamlet is released on the 28 December.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hamlet-DVD-David-Tennant/dp/B002PXHRFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1253867&sr=1-1]Hamlet [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: David Tennant, Patrick Stewart: DVD[/ame]

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='dpgmel']Too late for Christmas but the live recording of Mr Tennant playing Hamlet is released on the 28 December.

Hamlet [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: David Tennant, Patrick Stewart: DVD

I believe it's going to be on tv over Christmas Don't think it's a live recording though - the dvd was made a few weeks after the London run of the show finished.

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']I believe it's going to be on tv over Christmas Don't think it's a live recording though - the dvd was made a few weeks after the London run of the show finished.

They usually do these recordings outside of the normal season at reduced prices as lines of site can be blocked by cameras. For example next Thursday at the NT:

National Theatre : Productions : All's Well That Ends Well NT Live Performance 1 October 2009

I'm looking forwards to this. I saw the production at Stratford and it was excellent.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='narabdela']They usually do these recordings outside of the normal season at reduced prices as lines of site can be blocked by cameras. For example next Thursday at the NT:

National Theatre : Productions : All's Well That Ends Well NT Live Performance 1 October 2009

I'm looking forwards to this. I saw the production at Stratford and it was excellent.

The NT is example is different because it really is a broadcast of an actual performance. Hamlet wasn't filmed until well after the production ended. I think it's filmed on location rather than in a theatre. I'm sure it will be great though - like you, I really liked the production.

Senior Member Country: Albania
    Liked
    0 times
    As far as I'm aware, it's a reconstruction of the RSC production for television, not a live recording as such.

Which sounds to me like the most sensible option - Trevor Nunn's various RSC productions (Antony & Cleopatra, The Comedy of Errors, Macbeth and Othello) transferred brilliantly to television because they were more televisually imaginative than a simple point-the-camera-at-the-stage approach might have been - but they still retained all the virtues of the original productions.