Liked
    0 times
    .......and for the first time ever, my friends and I are holding a Halloween party (in a building that was formerly a church, no less!)

We're dressing up, having games, reciting poems, singing songs etc and having a midnight procession in the graveyard at the back of the place.

Anyone got any nifty little ideas to add even more pleasurable unease to the evening's proceedings??

Thanx!

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    Human sacrifice?

Liked
    0 times
    name='Wolfgang']Human sacrifice?

So......has anyone got any nifty little ideas to add even more pleasurable unease to the evening's proceedings??

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Invite dr Karswell ? try to sumon the goat of mendes

Liked
    144 times
    name='Wolfgang']Human sacrifice?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    One year my friends and I decided to play a Halloween trick on someone we knew.

Our 'victim' lived 5 minutes walk from us if you cut across an area of glassland, 25 minutes if you took the road around.

We invited him over to watch scary movies and then laid in wait on the grassland. We'd bought a dozen 'mole bombs' from the local garden centre (smoke bombs that release a white cloud used to kill moles in large agricultural greenhouses) and had lit then in a row.

The effect was superb, a low lying ground fog clung to the grass about 18 inches deep and swirled across in his direction.

One of us was on lookout and, just as our 'victim' came into view my friend Tank, a 6 foot 2 18 stone rugby player, stepped out from behind a tree with me on his shoulders wrapped in a blackout curtain we'd 'borrowed' from the drama dept and a sheep's skull strapped to the front of my head.

I can still hear him screaming.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    I suspect SCARES would like some serious answers.

If someone has a projector you could set it up and show Nostafaru on one of the walls! If I had a bigger house thats what I would be doing!

xx

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    name='SCARES'].......and for the first time ever, my friends and I are holding a Halloween party (in a building that was formerly a church, no less!)

We're dressing up, having games, reciting poems, singing songs etc and having a midnight procession in the graveyard at the back of the place.

Anyone got any nifty little ideas to add even more pleasurable unease to the evening's proceedings??

Thanx!

give everyone (except yourself)LSD,sit them in a wheelchair,tell them they are paralysed then project images of giant spiders on the walls and tell them the only way to keep the spiders at bay is to sign over their personal fortunes to yourself-it nearly worked for dr lisicky and i'm sure it'll make for a fun night!

Liked
    0 times
    name='faginsgirl']I suspect SCARES would like some serious answers.

If someone has a projector you could set it up and show Nostafaru on one of the walls! If I had a bigger house thats what I would be doing!

xx

Thank you, Faginsgirl, I would indeed.

I was beginning to think I had come to the worst place imaginable for genuine ideas for a minute.

So please, some plain ol' fashioned ideas from you guys would be much appreciated. No more frail attempts at humour.

Liked
    100 times
    you could look up traditional recipes eaten at hallowe'en' (not the usual american 'pumpkin pie' and 'toffee apples' stuff) which are usually pagan or irish-here's a link which has a few examples but i'm sure there's plenty more!

BBC - Food - Recipes: Food for special occasions - Halloween

Liked
    0 times
    name='jaycad']you could look up traditional recipes eaten at hallowe'en' (not the usual american 'pumpkin pie' and 'toffee apples' stuff) which are usually pagan or irish-here's a link which has a few examples but i'm sure there's plenty more!

BBC - Food - Recipes: Food for special occasions - Halloween

Mmmm..that's interesting. Thanks!

Liked
    100 times
    name='SCARES']Mmmm..that's interesting. Thanks!

you're welcome! just remember to inform everyone if you choose to serve dishes with coins or rings hidden in them!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    I love Halloween and I did something Halloweeny today. I visited The Chained Oak, which is an old oak tree in ancient woodlands by Alton Towers, about a mile away from where we live. I didn't know about it until I saw it on Most Haunted.

The story goes something like this ...

In the early 1800s, a lord was returning to his home, Alton Towers, he was travelling in his coach, through the woods in a storm. His journey was interrupted close to Alton Towers by a witch who fell to her knees begging the lord for help, the lord refused to help the witch so she placed a curse, she said that for every branch that falls from the old oak tree, a member of the lord's family would die. The lord didn't believe the old witch but later that night, a member of his family mysteriously fell ill and died. The lord now believed the curse and ordered his servants to chain the branches to the old oak tree. It remains chained to this day. (But sadly vandalised). Now, if only Tim Burton could hear of this story ... (it's very Sleepy Hollow down there).

Liked
    100 times
    i'd like hallowe'en if it was the way it used to be-no paedophile paranoia,if it was recognised by uk tv,if the uk channels made an effort apart from showing the usual rubbish american tripe(yes,halloween,friday 13th,scream are all crap and have ruined horrror IMO)

i remember it being an event as a kid,but no longer, and never to return,no binbag dracula capes,no dracula teeth sweets,no 'monster mash' inspired disco,no 'boneshakers' candy in a coffin,jan pienkowski haunted house' books etc!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Get out the old movie projector and screen scream flicks at the graveyard (no joke, it's been done)

Grave robbing is also fun.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='jaycad']i'd like hallowe'en if it was the way it used to be-no paedophile paranoia...
    If it stops that nasty "Trick or Treat" habit then I think I'd be all for a bit of paedophile paranoia. Trick or treat is no more than demanding money with menaces

Bah, humbug

Steve

Liked
    100 times
    name='Steve Crook']If it stops that nasty "Trick or Treat" habit then I think I'd be all for a bit of paedophile paranoia. Trick or treat is no more than demanding money with menaces

Bah, humbug

Steve

i agree with that-but it's easily dealt with by not opening the door! another method is to keep a pan of boiling water with coins in it on the stove ready for when the children come and when they demand cash,transfer the coins onto a plate and laugh as they burn their fingers!!

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Steve Crook']If it stops that nasty "Trick or Treat" habit then I think I'd be all for a bit of paedophile paranoia. Trick or treat is no more than demanding money with menaces

Blimey .... is it that time again already?