Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Would anyone, by any chance, have a copy of the 1973 TV version of this musical which featured Gary Bond. Lots to trade.

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Are you sure there was a TV version? A book on Lloyd Webber I have says it was planned to do a film, but nothing came of it. Which leaves us with the CD only and the few pics that are available from the production - Joseph in 70s hot pants etc.

If you do find anything out about a video version I'd be very interested but the fact that nothing is listed on any of the theater bootleg sites makes me think it was never filmed.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi

Very interesting what you say about references to this but my wife and I are both pretty certain we remember seeing a studio based version of this on TV with Gary Bond. I was also pretty sure there was a reference to it on imdb but this doesn't seem to be there now. I don't think I'm going senile - I'm pretty sure this must exist somewhere.

Liked
    80 times
    name='bertie']Hi

Very interesting what you say about references to this but my wife and I are both pretty certain we remember seeing a studio based version of this on TV with Gary Bond. I was also pretty sure there was a reference to it on imdb but this doesn't seem to be there now. I don't think I'm going senile - I'm pretty sure this must exist somewhere.

You're not imagining it, I saw it too and it did star Gary Bond - can't remember much else about it, though! But this is from British television: an illustrated guide by Tise Vahimagi (1994):

'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Granada TV, 24/12/72) The rock music version of the story from Genesis was presented in a 45-minute production by the Young Vic Company, featuring Gary Bond as Joseph.....'

I presume the date is the first (and only?) time it was broadcast. It would appear not to have been released commercially, but the programme does still exist in the television archives.

Euryale.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    It was repeated on 22/12/1973 (unless that was a completely different 45 minute version of the show).

Liked
    191 times
    Hello - I now have this (although with some bits missing and a sound/video synch problem in some places). Thank you for letting me know about it! Version runs 35 minutes. Surprised to see a very young Ian Charleson as one of the brothers!

PM me if you're still looking for this - happy to share :)

Liked
    191 times
    I've just submitted this to IMDb as well with as much info as there is on the recording. Fingers crossed they accept it - what a palaver to add a new title!